Focusing on post-workout nutrition can offer incredible benefits including better recovery, nourishing your muscles, and helping make the most out of your workout. If you’re not up on your meal prep game, it can be tough wanting to cook an entire meal right after your workout. This can lead to some poor pre-made options or ordering out for convenience. This quick, easy-to-make smoothie recipe is ready in under five minutes and is the perfect treat after any sweat session! With nutrient-rich ingredients commonly found in your kitchen, this green CBD smoothie is great for refueling energy and electrolytes.
Post-Workout Green CBD Smoothie Ingredients
- Frozen pineapple: Full of antioxidants, pineapple can aid in quicker recovery while offering anti-inflammatory enzymes.
- Almond milk: Any milk-alternative will do! If you’d like to use traditional milk, we recommend trying Greek yogurt for higher protein content. Protein is important for muscle recovery after any workout.
- Coconut water: Coconut water is one of the best natural sources for electrolytes.
- Fresh spinach: Enjoy significant amounts of phytoecydsteroids for a natural energy boost. If you’re out of spinach, any leafy green can be substituted.
- Ginger: Ginger can help relieve sore muscles while providing digestive comfort for those feeling nauseous after a hard workout.
- Banana: With numerous minerals and good complex cards, bananas add a lot of nutrients while making your smoothies creamy and thick.
- Chia seeds: Packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and antioxidants, chia seeds can help sustain energy and muscle recovery.
Recipe + Instructions
Here’s the ingredient list for one single-serve post-workout green CBD smoothie:
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced
- 2 handfuls fresh baby spinach or other leafy green
- 1-inch fresh piece of ginger, peeled
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup almond milk, milk alternative, or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 30mL dropper of Trū Organics CBD tincture
Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If your smoothie is too thick, add more coconut water. If it’s too thin, add more frozen pineapple or ice. Enjoy!
Achieve Trū Health and Beauty Today
Trū Organics is honored to share our favorite CBD smoothie recipes! From post-workout recovery to morning essentials, we believe that trū health and beauty start from within. Shop Trū Organics CBD today!